Sunday, December 31, 2017

Not Strong Enough to Run a Half Marathon All in Bare Feet

I checked out the course of Sanspo Chiba Marine Half Marathon 2018 today. I did it to examine the road condition, because I was considering running it in bare feet. Unfortunately, it's not good for barefoot running, because much of the much has a very rough road surface, using very course pebbles for the pavement.  Plus, traffic markings are absent for three kilometers where the race goes through a park. This is a big disadvantage, because you cannot minimize the damage on the sole by running on the those white lines whose surface is smooth and easy to run on. Furthermore, just because there are traffic line markings doesn't mean I can always choose to run on them, because congestion often doesn't not allow me take the course I want to take. A more experienced barefoot runner will probably run it without shoes, but I'm afraid I'm not strong enough yet.

I will probably run in MUTEKI, split-toe minimalist shoes, or aqua shoes with no cushioning. I should not take any risk, because another important race is scheduled a week later--Tateyama Wakashio Marathon. This one is a full marathon. Even a small cut or a minor blister could ruin the race completely. That's the last thing I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment